Saturday, December 29, 2012

Beauty of the Resurrection

Thursday

Beauty of the Resurrection
 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!    Philippians 3:11
Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.    Luke 18:43

Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God!   Luke 13:13

The beauty of the resurrection is this:  When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he instantly removed the vines of sin from our lives.   Co- dependency (us and our sin) is no more.  The vines just fall off because Jesus died for us.  It’s real.  You can feel the weight lifted. 

The analogy of the vines looks like this with Jesus:  the point is that we, on our own can tirelessly work to remove the vines, taking endless years to cut and pull and dispose of them.  But when Jesus comes into the picture and you say “Yes Lord” and the vines are gone.  That is why Jesus died on the cross, He took the pain, remorse and guilt and punishment for our sin.  He comes into our life and the sin is instantly gone.

It’s a choice on your part, but once you make the decision, Jesus can literally fill you up and ease your pain.  Don’t hear what I’m not saying, I’m not saying that all at once you’ll be rich, healthy and perfectly sin-free.  What I am saying is that the weight of the past life will be gone and you are free to start over.   Additionally, you’ll have the help that you didn’t previously have: the help from the creator of the universe.

 Lord, I want to make the decision to follow You.  I want Your help in life and please, forgive me of my past sin.  Come in to my life and live inside of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment